Monday, April 20, 2009

Homeward bound (updated)

Un poeme qui m'a donne du fil a retordre,
J'ai retordu au moins trois bobines, tout a la main...

AN EXPRESSION OF THE FUTILITY OF HOPE

Eating Taco Bell
at the end of my American dream,
last night,
on the small table of the living room the wraps met
the Nintendo controllers of another time.

I tried and tried only to return.

There was silence, yet so much violence,
the hot sauce screamed
"Help! I can't tell where i am,
it's dark and i can hear laughing."
And the clocked marked the hours
like a pair of handcuffs.

On the blue couch,
the refuge for picks and coins
i raised my plastic cup and gave a toast
to the past nine months
wondering
what birthed out of it?
What grew out of it?

Nine months ago on a couch too,
i let the night go by
until the clock struck six am
and i had to take a train
a lazy train
that would sway and rattle like the rain,
While clouds conspired to cover Paris
and my soon to be boarded sleepy plane.

I wished for sun,
there beyond the Atlantic.

Before hope decided to depart
leaving silence only
on its deceitful trail in the night,
it agreed to sing me a song.
Simply called Departure.

It didn't last very long,
It said a ship was ready to go
anytime i would need its keel.
I answered they could leave the bollard roped
it was not yet my time to leave.


Sinon un petit coup de coeur musical: The Courteeners - That Kiss

et si vous etes sage j'ai une anecdote

No comments: