Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Poeme XIV

A NORMAL DAY IN THE LIFE

What am i doing in the afternoon,
sitting in the living room,
with the TV strobing on the walls
when everybody is sleeping,
in another house that is not mine?
It would be sad to be just waiting for tomorrow.

"Are you happy?" my mother once asked,
i said i didn't want to be happy or sad.
She said it's good to just let the days go by
and do what should be done.
What should be done.
I took a piece of cake
from the box on the kitchen counter.
I couldn't say if i liked it or not,
most of the time i can't decide.

I woke up way too early.
There is time now,
there's always time,
time to stay on this couch,
time to find a girl,
time before i go to work,
the time that i let go in the morning.

I decided to grab my bicycle.
The wheels were spinning
and i noticed for the first time
that the downtown buildings appear
early if you look up.
They rose like a beacon in golden light
above a sea of dark forest.
I had the choice but I had to go,
despite the cold air filling my lungs.
I untied the bandana around my throat
and went downhill.

There is beauty in this world
and it's the only gold I'm chasing.

No comments: