Thursday, December 4, 2008

Poeme VI UPDATED

VELVET

I am in a dark room,
on a bed.
Under the covers.
It is not so dark since the light is strong
behind the blinds,
they are like my eyelids, not completely opaque.
I don't really know what time it is,
late in the afternoon probably,
i feel fine.
When my eyes are closed,
i could be anywhere,
this bedroom or another.
When i open my eyes i could see angels
painted on the ceiling
like in this bedroom
where she and i used to lie together.
I wait for the moment
when thoughts turn into dreams.

Now I open my eyes.
I stare at the walls, one by one,
white,
the same posters,
the same pictures,
but i still linger on them,
the variety of thoughts that arise in my mind
makes me leave them on the wall
and keep exploring each corner,
each letter,
each face,
the ceiling has a lot to look at too,
the design of the tiles,
i keep counting.

Music is playing.
Crystal guitar
the voice which sounds like cigarette,
the gentle, steady tambourine.
I'm not tired, i'm just lazy.
I'm a little bit tired
but i love being here,
all day.
"I want to nullify my life,"
i don't really know what that means
but i agree,
it is night in the day
and i nap my life away.


Un poeme que j'ai écrit il y a un petit moment, petit clin d'oeil au Velvet Underground

No comments: