Sunday, October 19, 2008

Poeme II

CASUALTIES

When i wake up, restful in my bed
And it is three in the afternoon,
I know i've been manipulated
By the hands of fate again.
They have dates and facts tattooed on their arms
and LOVE and HATE across their knuckles,
They won't leave me be.
I'm thinking until my brain is full to the brim
With words and old pictures of my dad.
Among all these words some are heftier:
Friendship
and the consciousness to fight the drunk crowd.
I'm here while some practise for a game.

I hear steps which are not my mother's,
I also know it is time to step out in the world
and stay gold.
Although they say all roads lead to Rome
This derelict path is one i roam
Avoiding the cracks on the sidewalk,
And averting the sight of crosses
Which advertise a god i won't trust.
Death from above for the casualties,
Blindfolded
but granted a new life,
not to be enjoyed now.

Tell me where's hope when the neon signs
Are the only things which shine at night :
The new guides to follow through the dark.
The only clarity to possess
To read the Neverending Story.
I wish i could stare into those eyes.
Even if the same moon bathes them,
A thousand miles away they remain.


Shopping windows are full of Sperrys
And dead bodies wearing fancy shirts,
As dead as the fur on the jackets.
When i've chased the light on my way
I can see my house has disappeared,
I will never push its door again
And now that the walls have collapsed
Dystopia spreads in front of my eyes.
I'm not complaining, i'll rub it off.


xanthox

No comments: